Sunday 28 October 2012

DIY Peter Pan Collars

 The video I was going to post on my Youtube channel unfortunately wouldn't upload. It was a video response for CutiePieMarzia's DIY Peter pan collar video. So I decided to make a post showing what I did and how I did it. Marzia's video is at the bottom!

You will need these materials...
Scissors 
Ribbon/String
Glue (fabric or hot)
Pencil/pen/marker
Paper
Fabric (I'm using felt)
If you don't want to use glue, feel free to sew instead!

Step one: Using your pencil and paper, draw the shape of the collar.

Step two: Cut it out and make sure that it is big enough.

Step three: Trace your shape onto the fabric.

Step four: Do the same thing on the other side.

Step five: Cut it out like so...

Step six: It's time to glue/sew on the necklace part. Take your scissors,ribbon/string and glue or if you are sewing, needle and thread.

Step seven: Glue or sew the string or ribbon on the side of the collar that there are pencil lines on.

Step eight OPTIONAL: Decorate your collar!!!! Use anything! Bows,Pearls,Jewels,Charms,Studs... whatever you'd like. I am using stick on pearls and jewels.

Step nine OPTIONAL: Add some lace! Here is how to do it...
This is the first collar I ever made, it has lace on it. But some of the lace broke off so I took it as an opportunity to show you how to apply lace to your collar.

Flip your collar over to the back and just add glue to the edge of the collar and lace. 

And now you're finished! I hope you enjoyed!! 

All pictures taken by me; LeOneDirection and belong to My Very Own Fashion Runway. Credit to Marzia Bisognin (CutiePieMarzia on Youtube) for making the video that I based this tutorial on.
Here is Marzia's video


No comments:

Post a Comment